Tuesday, June 28, 2011

DAY 27: Tuesday Club

Most of today was quite average. I woke up, went to school, blah blah blah. I've been waiting for a package from my parents for days now. Everytime I go to the library to pick it up, its not there. It honestly feels like Christmas was canceled or something. Hopefully tomorrow it will be there!

There are only 6 days of class left, most of which are field trips. In my Historical Costume class we're going to see the Yoji Yamamoto exhibit at the Victoria & Albert museum and another exhibit that isn't coming to mind at the moment on another day. For Journalism we're watching a movie on Thursday, doing a photoshoot Tuesday and I'm not sure what Robin has in store for the last day. He did say there would be pretzels involved. Though the last few days sound like a breeze, I have SO much work to do on the coming days. I feel like my time here is flying by, but once classes are over I'll have more time to really do and see more. Speaking of doing more, Paris is only 9 days away!

The weather was kind of crappy today, it rained on and off all day. This was the first thunder storm I've seen since I've been here. During class there was this huge clap of thunder and Robin said (in his high class British accent), "Ah yes, well you can always tell when God's angry...or perhaps it's indigestion." Maybe you had to be there, but the man is hilarious. I'm going to miss being around him.

After school I met up with Giada, Stefano, and Naomi. I had dinner with them last Tuesday and were kind enough to invite me this week.. As I believe I mentioned before, every Tuesday a group gets together, Giada, Stefano and Naomi are always there but there are others who come too. They get together for dinner and try new restaurants and go to Scoop for Ice Cream. This weekly gathering has become known as Tuesday Club. Tonight, the four of us, as well as friends of Naomi went to Wong Kei, in the center of Chinatown. They made a point to tell me that they don't eat Chinese food every Tuesday... just the last two that I've come.

After dinner, we headed towards Scoop. Unaware that Scoop was part of the ritual, and not a special occasion that I witnessed last week, I had no room for dessert - even that amazing ice cream. We all chatted some more in the ice cream shop, then in the street. Around 11 we finally parted ways. Though there were only 7 of us tonight, from last weeks 14, I met more new people, learned more about those I've already met and had great conversations. Tuesday Club is definitely something I will be looking forward to every week!

Unfortunately, I only remembered to take out my camera when I was eatting today. This makes me look like a total pig, but I promise I didn't eat as much as it looks like and it was spread out over the whole day....


BRUNCH: a chicken club sandwich, sea salt kettle chips and fruit from Pret a Manger



SNACK: a small Chicken Pot Pie Soup served with flaky pastry from EAT.


DINNER: Spring Rolls and Sweet & Sour Chicken from Wong Kei

1 comment:

  1. e-mail me with a wish list,i'll get it to you FAST.The Cardinals are winning even without Albert,the 4th of July will be hot,and we are proud of you.There.

    ReplyDelete