Monday, June 6, 2011

DAY 5: First Day of School

Today was the first time I got to sleep in. In true Katie fashion, I woke up at noon. Last night I slept really well, but had some of those realistic nightmares that have you bummed out when you wake up. Luckily, I was able to brush it off and get ready for school. All of my other roommates left early to get breakfast and coffee, and to get to school early… obviously I didn’t have time for all that, so I did my first day of school commute solo (which I rather enjoyed). Public transportation is one of my favorite things about big cities.
The class I had today was Historical and Contextual Studies of Fashion, the last required class I need to graduate aside from my internship.  We talked about fashion during the Medieval and Elizabethan periods. I’m excited for this class. I love being able to have that mental archive to know what designers are pulling their inspiration from or referencing. The class is scheduled from 2:00- 6:15, but luckily she let us out by 4:00. That’s a long time to be in a classroom!
After school, Cassidy and I went back to the Conran Shop to see what goodies I could find to take home as souvenirs. I bought a book called Fifty Dresses that Changed the World, and a mug with the store name. They also gave me a tote bag with the logo on it!
We went home after that. I made some dinner and straightened up my room. It wasn’t a super exciting day, but it was a nice slow day compared to the crazy weekend! Tomorrow I have my 8:30AM class, so it will definitely be an early night. Also, Mom requested pictures of our flat, so I figured I’d share them with you all!
Off to school!

The sales woman didn't care that my last name was Conran...





The view from my window, Caledonian Park


 



Cork Board #1- Necklaces, Calendar, Important Info



 
A close-up of the necklace I bought at Portobello Market - GORG!



Cork Board #2 - Photos 


The red thing on the left is my closet, the bathroom is
behind my bed and the door is between the two.

Two very important owls from my collection. The one on the left, Andy brought me home from Singapore, and the owl on the right he gave me as a going-away present.

Hall of doors - There are 8 of us in the flat, all girls (4 of us from Missouri)

The kitchen


The building


Common room/ laudry and the gate to the street

No comments:

Post a Comment