Tuesday, June 14, 2011

DAY 13: Stopping to Smell the Roses

Today, I had my fashion journalism class. I can’t say enough how glad I am that I switched into that class! It’s so interesting and Robin is really great at pushing us to think critically. Class let out early because we have a couple “field trips” this weekend, so I went to grab a bite to eat before my internship class.

There is this cute little café down the street from school called Bonne Bouche with lots of sandwiches and pastries that I’ve been eyeing since I got here. Unfortunately, by the time I got there the sandwich options were slim (and by that I mean options that I would eat: no egg, no fish, little to no veggies… basically, no turkey or chicken options left). I ended up with a hot salami and mozzarella sub and two macaroons for dessert.
Given what a gorgeous day it was, I set off for the small park right behind my school complete with lounge chairs at the grassy center of a rose garden. Heaven? Damn near close! A majority of the park is shaded by the huge trees in and around it, except for the sunny patch of goodness where they set out the lounge chairs. I ate my sandwich, got to talk to Andy for a little bit, read a magazine, smelled the roses… It was a pretty exceptional 2 hours!
My internship class was nothing special, full of conversation unrelated to internships or fashion. My instructor just seems, in general, a confused man. On the way home I took a picture of an advertisement for the stage production of Dirty Dancing, because Whitney and I are trying to go tomorrow night. How perfect is that?! (A little history: Dirty Dancing is my childhood, if not all time favorite movie)
Ah, yes. I forgot to comment on the amount of pain I'm in from those damn oxfords. Before you ask, OF COURSE I'll wear them again, but not until the flesh on the back of my foot heals and OBVIOUSLY with some sort of sock!
Tuesdays are kind of hard because my internship class isn’t over until 9, so now it’s almost 1AM and I’m signing off! Enjoy today’s photos! AND PLEASE! Feel free to leave me comments! J
(CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO ENLARGE)

Robin Dutt, my journalism professor and a style extraordinaire
Today he wore leather pants, a button up that was iredecent green & blue, the striped skull sweater vest, a scarf around the neck and a velvet coat. You'll probably see lots of pictures of him!

The window of Bonne Bouche



Vanilla & Chocolate Macaroons for dessert

My little slice of paradise


Gorgeous roses, I can't get enough of them!





So beautiful, and they smelled amazing!


The rest of the park, my school is the furthest building back

My scarf matches the garden
(Can you tell I like roses?)






SO EXCITED!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get to see Dirty Dancing. That is so YOU!
    Don't be disappointed if Patrick Swayze is not starring.
    We will make a spot for your English rose garden when you get home.
    Love,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete