Friday, June 17, 2011

DAYS 16: Gloom & Doom


What a day! This morning I set out bright and early to meet Robin and the rest of my journalism class at Portobello Market (see DAY 3) to check out vintage fashions and appreciate their influence on modern fashion. While at the market I had an hour long personal struggle trying to decide whether or not to buy this magnificent 1970’s fringed leather jacket. It was amazing and in perfect condition, but it was a little snug and oh yeah... £75. Now that I look back, I’m glad I eventually made the decision to walk away, though the jacket was pretty awesome.
After the market, Cassidy, Whitney and I took a stroll through Oxford and Regents Streets, the hub of London shopping. Oh, I forgot to mention it was pouring all day. It was getting colder and my stomach was growling louder and louder. We found our way over to Soho for dinner. We ended up at this cute little Italian Restaurant called Alfani’s. I order the classic Spaghetti and Meatballs, though it was obviously called something else, something much more Italian sounding… It was exactly what my empty stomach and sour mood needed.
After dinner, Whitney and Cassidy went home and I walked over to Frith Street Tattoo, a local tattoo shop to visit my friend Steve, who will be in town until next Wednesday. Steve is from New York City, but will be working here in London, filling in for another artist. I was at the shop for almost 2 hours catching up and chatting with Steve. Him and his wife Tiffany have been really great to me in the last couple of years, allowing me and Andy to crash on their couch when we find ourselves in New York. It was really get to hang out with a familiar face, but I wish Tiffany was here! We’d do some damage on Regence Street, shopping more for Baby Pedone than ourselves I'm sure! J
When I left Frith Street, I met some people out at a place called “the Zoo”. I was there for 5 minutes and left. It had been such a long day, and the weather had put me in such a crappy mood I was ready to go home.
Now that I’m here, my mood has continued. I talked to my parents and Andy, but I really miss home. It’s not that I want to leave, but I miss being around people who get me. Laura gets here tomorrow and I’m sure she’ll be my sunshine!
Rain, rain, go away!
 
Oxford Circus


Regence Stree - Such a pretty street!


Carnaby Street, more stores!


My friend Steve, and the guy on the right is Frank


Spaghetti & Meatballs... MMMM mmmm Good!



1 comment:

  1. You ARE living the dream.You do know that,Right?Now see if you can arrange so WHO related fashion/history/right now type stuff!!!Uhmkay?

    ReplyDelete