Wednesday, June 15, 2011

DAY 14: Nobody puts Baby in a Corner!

It's been two weeks! I feel like time is flying by. Today's class couldn't get over fast enough. I was just so excited about seeing Dirty Dancing! After class I came home to meet Whitney at the flat. We grabbed some food and headed to the theater. The show was at the Aldwych theatre in Covent Garden. Similar to New York's Broadway, this is the area with all of the big theaters. Once we sat in our seats, I noticed immediatly that the woman to my immediate right had THE WORST body odor, but obviously there was nothing I could do. Aside from my smelly neighbor, the show was SO AMAZING! I would probably pay to see it again... it was that good. It paralled the movie with a few slight exceptions but the sets were great, the music was great, and the dancing was FANTASTIC!

After the show, we took the long way to the tube through Covent Garden because the weather was really nice and it's a very cool part of town. As we were walking down the street a sign caught my eye and I got really excited. The sign was for THE ASTROLOGY SHOP. Unfortunatly it was closed, but I took down the address and store hours so next time I'll be able to take a peek at what I'm SURE will be some wonderful treasures!

Tomorrow, I'm taking a "field trip" with my journalism class, followed by the Rock n' Roll walking tour with Tony. It will be an exciting and no doubt exhausting day! Lots of great photos to come of it!

1AM, so tired!
Goodnight!


The Aldwych Theatre in Covent Garden


The stage before the show started

The brochure and ticket stub

Spotted this gem on the way home... Can't wait to go back when it's open!

The store front


AN ODE TO THE CLASSIC:



What a babe...
May he rest in peace!

2 comments: