Monday, June 13, 2011

DAYS 11& 12: Paris? Yes, Please!

Sunday was a god-awful gloom and doom sort of day. I woke up to pouring rain and decided it would be a good day to clean my room, make some food and read my book. That is exactly what I did. I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which is impressive considering I read 400-something pages. Now I have no idea what I'm going to do in my downtime on rainy days! Homework, I suppose? Ugh.

Today an ordinary Monday. I had my Historical Costume class, which i usually enjoy. What did not however enjoy was the massive blister that my new oxfords gave me on my walk to school. My poor heel looks like it lost a fight with a cheese grater. (Sorry, that may be abight graphic)

After class I fashioned a make-shit "sock" out a plastic bag so my shoes didn't rub my skin any more and continued to hobble home. Right after I got back I booked my trip to Paris! I'm so excited. We'll be arriving early morning of Friday, July 8th and returning late on the 9th. We booked the trip though a tour agency here because none of us speak French, or know our way aroud Paris, so it seemed like the best way to go.

Our trip includes train tickets to and from on the Eurostar, transportation to the hotel, a tour of the city including stops at the Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame, a two course lunch at the Eiffel Tower, a cuise on the River Seine and transportation back to our hotel. The 2nd day includes a breakfast buffet, and a metro card to expore the city! We are still working on the itenerary for our free day... I'm SO excited for that! I wish we could stay longer but I think we'll be able to see most of the desired sites in a jam-packed weekend.

The rest of this evening will be spent the homework that I have been putting off! Really, this time I mean it!

No comments:

Post a Comment