Thursday, June 9, 2011

DAY 8: Thrifty Finds!

Today was another average day. I went to school early today to drop one of my classes and pick up another. My Media and PR class was just too boring and repetitive of things I’ve already studied. I decided to pick up Fashion Journalism. I have experience with it, but I’ve never learned about it in the traditional sense. 
As soon as my instructor walked into the class, I knew it was the right place from me. He was wearing skin tight leather pants, black pointy-toed oxfords, black tee, and berry and blue hounds tooth blazer with really oversized angular features and a massive, GORGEOUS black fur coat. Robin is a riot! I look forward to sharing pictures of his outfits! He knows so much about everything, I’m really excited to learn from him.  
I asked Robin about local thrift stores and he pointed me in the direction of one right across that street from school. After class I went in there and found a pair of brand new tan suede ankle boots from Zara for £10!! From there I went to a “News Stand” to fulfill my homework of reading tons of magazines. I bought iD, a pretty alternative fashion magazine, and InStyle UK. They were pretty pricey but they’ll be enough to start me off. I took another trip to Oxford Street because I didn’t feel like going home yet and found an adorable jacket on MEGAsale at GAP of all places!
When I got home I did some laundry and the dryer ate my money so now my clothes are air drying all over my room! I don’t have school tomorrow and plan to spend the day exploring so I’ll have lots of exciting pictures to share!


BRAND NEW Zara boots from a local thrift store, only £10

Life of a fashion student- Homework


Air drying all of my clothes :(

1 comment:

  1. THE most important thread you own is the WHO t shirt.I am so proud my upper lip wiggled a little bit...Signed, Your Favorite Uncle, Dan

    ReplyDelete