Monday, June 20, 2011

DAY 19: WGSN... and more rain!

Today started off really nice out! As I was getting ready for my interview my window was open and the sun was shining in! Thank goodness I left early. I had to take a line on the tube that I hadn't used yet so I got a little turned around. The Northern line is a tricky one! I did make it to WGSN about 10 minutes early and awaited my interviewer. A very stylish woman came and sat next to me. It was really more like a chat than an interview. I told her about my experience and interest in the company and how it's my dream to have a career with them. She then discussed with me when I'd start. From the sounds of it, I'll be working in the swimwear department.

For those of you not familiar with the company, Worth Global Style Network (WGSN) is the top trend forecasting company in the world (and the subject of my career aspirations). They analyze current trends and predict future trends for designers and retailers. If you can think of a designer or retailer, they are probably clients of WGSN.  For a little taste of what they do, click HERE for trend conformations, or trends that they predicted that have come to fruition. To access the whole site you need a subscription, which would cost you a small fortune. I'm lucky enough to have a subscription through a private donation to Fontbonne's fashion department.

After my interview, I went to school. School is school, pretty boring. After class it started raining... of course... so I had to walk all the way to the tube station, and then from the tube station to the flat in the rain... in my 5 inch heels... in the rain.
The rest of my evening consisted of leftover spaghetti from last night and several episodes on Criminal Minds.  I'm feeling homesick today, maybe it's the weather. I'm hoping tomorrow is nicer so I can try and soak up some vitamin D! My lack of any sort of tan is atrocious, given it's almost July!

For now, it's bedtime!

1 comment: