Friday, July 1, 2011

DAY 28: The Queen's Gardens

I'm so behind! We've been keeping super busy since it's been so nice out! After school on Wednesday, Jenny, Cassidy, Sam and I went to Regents Park to wind down and enjoy the weather. We stopped at the nearest convienience store and grabbed a tall can of cider each and set off for the park. We spent about an hour lounging in the grass, talking about school and fashion and life. After that we walked around the park (which is HUGE), looking for the rose garden I'd been hearing so much about. When we FINALLY found it I was pretty much speechless. It was like I was in a fairytale. You'll see what I mean once you scroll through the pictures.

We spent another hour at the park, and then we went home to change and go to dinner. I had spotted a place called the Blues Kitchen in Camden on my way to school one day and suggested we go there for dinner. As soon as we walked in I knew the place was going to be awesome. It was a really shabby chic building with dim lights, tea light candles in red glass holders on all the tables, chandeliers made out of brass instruments, and live music that I actually recognized and liked! Then we got the menu and I got even happier! They had lots of southern and Creole inspired dishes. I got BBQ chicken and it was so good! We had a blast there. I could go there every night.


(CLICK THE PHOTO TO ENLARGE)






Jenny & Sam

The lovely Cassidy

CHEESE!



Sam's sketchbook is pretty amazing

In Europe, this is normal

unreal.

These remind me of my Granny (via Dolly Parton's song "Yellow Roses")

My favorite





This was THE PERFECT rose, so pretty






the gate to get into the rose gardens







The Blue's Kitchen, the tomato is ketchup...


This old beer can held our silverware and napkins...

Sam got my attention and asked me if I knew where St. Charles, MO was... cool, huh?!


the bar

Me, Whitney, Cassidy and Jenny


:)

1 comment:

  1. Does anyone REALLY know where St.Charles is? I'm off to blow up the holiday.Literally.Cheers!

    ReplyDelete