Monday, July 18, 2011

DAYS 42 - 48: Recap of a Week

Apparently I've been a bad blogger. A whirlwind weekend of travel to two different countries really has a girl tuckered out! I updated all of my travels and then the blogger site decided to have issues uplaoding photos so now, unfortunatly that takes FOREVER.

The last week has been exceptionally uneventful. There were a few exciting moments, but all in all very little happening. Thursday night Cassidy, Shelise and I went to a double feature of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows pt. 1& 2. I was so excited to see the last movie but at the same time so sad that it was ending! I've heard a billion people say the same thing but it feels like a chapter of your life has ended. I know, I'm a huge nerd.

Friday I woke up pretty late because we didn't get home from the movie until 3:30 in the morning. Friday night was Sam's official last night in the UK (though we've already celebrated it 4 times) so Whitney and I met him and went to dinner at Wahaca. There was an insane wait to get a table so we had a few drinks before hand at the bar. After dinner we went back down to the bar while we waited to here from Jeni. After Wahaca we met Jeni and Olivia at the World's End in Camden, which is so freaking awesome and I can't believe I haven't been there before. We were there for one drink before moving on to KOKO. KOKO was amazing. I'm assuming it was a theater at one point in time, but now it's a venue/ nightclub. We stayed there untli they closed at 4AM, saying goodbye to Sam in true London fashion.

Saturday we were all pretty useless. Everyone has a paper due this week so all 8 of the girls in my flat stayed in their rooms working on it, but we would all come out periodically to bitch and complain about the assignment. There was more staring at computer screens happening than anything. We're really good at homework...

Sunday Whitney and I had cabin fever so we ventured out to find the Shireditch Festival that we read about on the Time Out London website. After an hour of being lost in Shoreditch we found the festival. Completely underwhelmed we did a once-though and left. From there we went to the movie theater in Islington to see Bridesmaids. The one we went to see had already sold out so we bought tickets for the next showing and went home and napped before the movie. Bridesmaids was absolutely hilarious. I loved it. Just when you thought it couldn't get more raunchy or awkward, IT DID!

Today, all the girls went to their internships while I stayed here to try and get mine figured out. At least I know about when I'm going to start. Hopefully I'll either start Thursday or next Monday. I'm getting really frustrated because I just want to get in there and learn as much as I can. I'm trying to be patient. Whitney doesn't have to work on Wednesday so we talked about taking a Trapeze class! How awesome is that?! I'm pretty excited.

I know that's not much of an update for how long I've been MIA but truthfully, you're not missing much! Promise I'll try harder <3




FRIDAY

I LOVE WAHACA!!!

Whitney!

Sam!

These chairs were awesome. I want some in my house!

Whitney, Myself, and Jeni at KOKO

Until we meet again!


SUNDAY

The mythical canal that none of the locals had any idea existed... we eventually found it!

fail.

They sure do have a way with words here...

1 comment:

  1. Still reading and very proud.This song is so long it ends up where it began.Ireland.

    ReplyDelete