Saturday, July 2, 2011

DAY 29: MUMFORD & SONS! .. sort of

Ok, we're up to Thursday! 4 weeks here already... That's really unbelievable.

There have been tons of music festivals going on here in the last month, most of them in Hyde Park. Last week Jenny and Whitney sat outside of the fenced area and listened to the concert without actually paying the rediculous price of entering. They didn't see what was going on at all but heard everything crystal clear.

Yesterday, Mumford & Sons was played in Hyde Park. We planned to do the same thing that they did last week - bring a blanket and snacks and enjoy the music for free. I knew their set started at 7 so I watched every second tick by while I was in class. Of course, the one night that I have somewhere that I'm dying to be, we don't get out early. Robin had us watch The Man Who Fell To Earth, the worst movie on Earth. I got out at 6:50 and RAN to the tube station to get to Hyde Park. I got to where the girls were sitting about 2 songs into their set. They were SO GOOD!

After their set, The Arcade Fire was scheduled to go on stage but no one was interested in staying so we went home to change into warmer clothes before we went out again. I've been asking people that I've met about where to go and Stefano from Frith Street told me about Big Red, a pub with a rock n' roll atmosphere and AWESOME jukebox. The centerpieces on all the tables were Jack Daniels bottles with a single candle stuck in the top and wax dripping down the sides. Stacey, Ashley, Sam, Whitney and I enjoyed Big Red for a few hours before calling it a night.

The Marble Arch, it's important but I don't know why...

Mumford & Sons were playing just on the other side of that green fence!


More festival-goers

Ashley, Stacey and Whitney lounging and listening to the show

Sunset over Hyde Park




JD bottle turned candleholder


The bar

Whitney and I enjoying the juke box

No comments:

Post a Comment