Tuesday, July 12, 2011

DAYS 34 & 35: Harry Potter Cast - in Person!!!!

Tuesday was amazing! I had class as usual, but during class Cassidy texted me and let me know about a Harry Potter “meet & greet” type thing at the Apple Store on Regents Street. OF COURSE, I was down to go! As soon as I got out of school I headed home to drop of my stuff then I went straight to the Apple Store. Considering the nature of the event, I thought the line to get into the store would be a mile long. Cassidy was there before me and got a spot in the line that was CONSIDERABLY shorter than I thought possible. We waited in the rain for about 30 minutes before being ushered into the store and up the stairs.
I thought it would be an autograph line, with the actors sitting at a table with lines of people moving past them, at that point, I also didn’t know who was going to be there. So we get to the top of the stairs and there is this small stage with a screen behind it and chairs set up in front, already full from the people in line ahead of us. We were granted standing room behind the seated fans so we made our way as far forward as we could and there they were! The actors who play Lucius, Draco and Narcissa Malfoy and Neville Longbottom were sitting on the stage, on either side of the screen.
There was a moderator asking the actors questions and guiding conversation. Once she was through with her questions, the audience had the opportunity to ask questions as well. The whole event lasted about an hour. It was so awesome to see.
From the Apple Store, I took off straight for Frith Street Tattoo to meet everyone for Tuesday club. When Naomi texted me earlier in the day to see if I’d be coming I told her OF COURSE, but on one condition – no Chinese food! We went to a restaurant called Nando’s. There are a bunch of them throughout London. All they serve is chicken but there are lots of ways you can get it. The seasonings and sauces they use were SO good.
On Wednesday we went to the Sommerset House for an exhibition on Italian Fashion. I was just so happy that it was the last day of that class. History of Costume is the last class I needed to graduate, aside from my internship, so turning in that final felt great. From the exhibit I went home and finished my homework for Thursday- the VERY LAST DAY of class (again, aside from the internship).

 
Waiting in line IN THE RAIN to get into the Apple Store


SO EXCITED!


Form Left to Right: Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy), Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), Helen McCrory(Narcissa Malfoy), Mathew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) and the moderator




No comments:

Post a Comment